nanim project goal is to specify and write tools for a modern 2d animation file format:
- nanim.proto, the format specification using protobuf : with protoc or other protobuf compiler, you can generate parser for about every popular programming language.
- Nanimstudio, the visual animation editor.
- Nanim SDK, command line tools.
- nanimjs, an html5 example player.
Other softwares support the nanim file format like the drawing program pixeditor.
nanimstudio is free (BSD license) graphical tool to edit nanim files. It can also import/export gif animations and spritesheets.
You can download a precompiled version nanimstudio at the bottom of this page.
The nanim SDK is a collection of free tools (BSD license):
- The format specification using protobuf : using protoc or other protobuf compiler, you can generate parser for about every popular programming language.
- nanimenc, a tool that allow to create a nanim file from a list of png files.
- nanimdec to do the inverse operation: extracts png images from a nanim file.
- nanimls to dump nanim file infos.
- nanimopt, an optimizer program that use a bin packing algorithm to store the image in an opengl compliant format (minimum number of image with power of 2 dimensions).
- nanimview, a viewer to show nanim encoded nanimations.
- gif2nanim to convert existing gif animations.
- nanimmerge to merge multiple nanim files into one.
- nanimrename to change animation or image names.
- sheet2nanim to convert existing sprite sheets.
- font2nanim to generate font textures.
You can download a precompiled version of the nanim SDK at the bottom of this page.
mail: devnewton __at__ bci.im
- nanimstudio-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar added by bob on 2013-02-08 09:28:16.
- nanimstudio.png added by devnewton on 2013-02-05 23:50:28.
- nanim_sdk.zip added by devnewton on 2013-02-05 23:39:14.
- nanim_schema.png added by devnewton on 2012-10-04 11:38:08.